Friday, February 5, 2010

Vote for the Worst Shouldn't Apply to Politics

This is a tough, tough subject for me. When running for public service, how much attention should your private life be subjected to? My answer is bluntly, I don't know.
I think that if you are going to make a career out of being a public figure, you should have known better than to purchase sex off of the internet and I like to think that if you were going into public service, you would know to just say no to the pot instead of saying 20 years later, "I didn't inhale".
Such statements are cause for media scrutiny because, we all know, you did inhale.
It's not that I do not think your personal life should come into the "if" elected scenario, but I do think that the main-stream media pays a little too much attention on these personal issues and not enough time on the political ones.
Make sense?
Okay. Here's the rub: What do you get when you cross a Pawnbroker with an ex-hooker and add in an assault/battery charge with some accusations of steroid use?
If you answered the Democratic Nominee for Lt. Governor of the State of Illinois, you would be CORRECT.
Part of me feels awful for judging this man for his past hardships. If he insists his now ex-wife was a "massage therapist" when he met her and not a hooker, who the hell am I to judge him. Oh wait -- I am a tax paying citizen of this disgusting excuse for a State who deserves to have an elected official who isn't going to blow my money on hookers and drugs.
To the residents of the state of Illinois, I ask you: Haven't you suffered enough? What is wrong with you???
While you may find it amusing to continuously vote for the worst possible candidate as if it were some reality show saga, I am personally fed up with it and encourage you to take some responsibility for your elected officials. If this man wants to go off and take steroids and "lay with" a hooker, I am not one to stand in his way. HOWEVER, as the LT. GOV of this state, he needs to understand that it is impossible to have any trust or faith in a man of his character. And after all the pain, all the trauma and all the heartache of watching our elected officials hauled off in hand cuffs, I think the people of this state deserve a little peace of mind.
That's all I'm saying, really....

No comments:

Post a Comment