Thursday, October 22, 2009

a few brief moments

I've decided to try to really commit to this blog -- more a cranial warm up prior to my interview for Graduate School than an actual political platform. I need to stop being afraid of what people will think of me if I put a pen to paper (or a cursor to screen in this instance) and allow my thoughts to just come. One of the things that stood in my way as an actor was my fear to just go for it, take the risk and go from where I was at. The few brief moments I let down my emotional walls were brilliant, and not a day passes where I don't crave that artistic outlet I once valued above everything else.

So what happened? I have always had a moderate heart. I've been accused of being many things in my short time on Earth from cynical to stuck up to down right bitchy. But really what I am is a person with a lot to say about a lot of things and a lack of confidence to voice it.

When I moved to Chicago, you can say I lost myself, which was interesting because I came here to find myself. I came here to make a mark, take a stand and just go for it. However, with my fear of being broke, my fear of letting my health insurance lapse and my fear of not being able to hold up my half of the financial bargain my other and I made, I suspended my goals and took a day job instead. I even managed to make myself believe that it was what I actually wanted.

And just when I thought that I could not get any more unhappy sitting under florescent lights and behind a desk, an epiphony happened: If I loved the policy of my time, and longed so much to be a part of it, what the hell was stopping me?

Since that point, I have become politically moderate, often asking myself "I understand that the President is making tough choices that I may not agree with, if I were in his shoes, I don't know where I would even begin."

For a few brief moments since this first initial intellectual break through, I have found an internal peace with myself that I never experienced.

In 14 days, I will have my interview. I would like to do at least SEVEN (7) blog postings on the following items:
Michael Steele and the GOP
The media frenzy regarding pointless stories (i,e, balloon boy, octo-mom, pointless celebrities who do nothing)
The Branding of the Democratic Party
Midterm Elections.

So. Here we go. I'm suspending my fear of judgement and simply saying to anyone who may read this...although I really don't think there's anyone (hi Rich!): BRING IT ON! If you want to debate, I'm okay with that, if you want to flat out disagree with me, go for it! I'm totally okay with a difference in opinion and may even change your mind...and maybe, just maybe, you can help me expand my own political and fundamental philosophies about the American Government.

Good night.

1 comment:

  1. Good for you! I find myself in the same boat as you. I go and write something, and before I do I think, "What will people think?" This is really about you and a forum for expressing your thoughts. I'll be here reading:)

    ReplyDelete